From its theme park and also historic midtown location to its craft brewery, winery, as well as meadery, there’s no end to the attractions in Seguin. Found regarding 45 mins east of San Antonio, the “Pecan Resources of Texas” pairs an inviting small-town feeling with a countless quantity of experiences that will interest just about anybody. Whether you’re looking for a romantic escape sipping red wine in a beautiful winery or an exciting household experience riding a roller rollercoaster as well as soaring down water slides, you’ll find it in Seguin.
1. Indulge in a glass of a glass of wine as well as walk via a warm winery a few miles away from downtown Seguin. Welcome to Blue Lotus Winery, makers of great glass of wines crafted with grapes as well as blackberries grown in Texas and onsite. Try these savory reds and also whites at the vineyard’s tasting area located within the winery.
2. Seguin’s historic downtown location is the town’s epicenter for purchasing, dining, and also night life. Classic store fronts house antique and also store garments shops and also dining establishments and coffee shops provide local taste. Shop and also consume your heart out, then visit Seguin Developing Company or The Oak Tavern (the earliest bar in the area) for a beverage or look into online songs at Austin Street Live.
3. Max Starcke Park is a 227-acre oasis located along the Guadalupe River that supplies a large range of leisure opportunities. Play a round on the 18-hole golf course or a few sets on the tennis courts, cast a line in the fishing area, explore the 0.8-mile strolling trail, as well as let your youngsters cut loose on the Children Kingdom Playscape. The park is likewise a launching point for two kayaking trails located on different parts of the Guadalupe River.
4. Seguin is known as the home of the “Globe’s Largest Pecan,” so it’s rather fitting it would also have its very own nutcracker museum. Found within the Pape Pecan Home, customers as well as vendors of in your area expanded pecans, the museum features regarding 8,000 distinct nutcrackers from around the world.
5. Admire pre-World War II planes as well as classic souvenirs at this aeronautics museum near Seguin that functions as a working laboratory for airplane preservation. Signing up with the historic airplane is a collection of cars from that age, consisting of several Ft Design Ts.
6. The Sebastopol Home is not just an impressive pre-Civil Battle Greek Revival manor, it’s a living instance of 19th-century experimentation with concrete construction. Tip inside the house to see exhibits showing how it was built by knowledgeable servants, in addition to screens of rare works from the Wilson Ceramic Foundation.
7. Is there anything far better than a pint of beer on a cozy afternoon here in the Lone Celebrity State? Not actually, unless that beer is locally made. That’s what you’ll discover at the Seguin Brewing Business, purveyors of a selection of mixtures influenced by the town’s heritage as well as culture. Stop by their taproom in downtown Seguin to sample these beers on your own.
8. Cleared up amongst a waterfront pecan grove, this 18-hole par-71 public training course in Seguin provides an excellent round of golf. With a wide-open design that’s forgiving to the strange stray shot and also raised shelters to check your objective, the training course is friendly for golf players of all ability degrees. Tee times can be scheduled on the golf course’s web site.
9. Step back in time and find the farming background of Guadalupe Region when you visit the Texas Agricultural Education And Learning as well as Heritage Center. Spread throughout a village of historical structures, the center offers unmatched understanding right into what life resembled on the Texas frontier in the 19th century. These include the Zion Lutheran Church (built in Charlottenburg in 1890), a one-room institution home, blacksmith store, and also more.
10. Enjoy the preference of mead, the world’s earliest recognized alcohol, made right here in Seguin. Texas Mead Functions produces conventional mead as well as a variety of brews made with apples, peaches, raspberries, as well as also jalapenos. Try them all at the meadery’s store sampling room, which is the same as Blue Lotus Winery’s.
11. The 1895 Moore Residence is just one of one of the most stunning examples of Queen Anne style architecture typical in Seguin’s historical areas. It was the home of John Moore, who supplied 2 horses to Teddy Roosevelt when he was developing the well known Rough Riders cavalry device. A monthly lunch is held at the home the initial Thursday from October via December and February to June.
12. Seguin’s Texas Theater is both a historical icon and also a social prize. First opened up as a movie house in 1931, the theater is today an executing arts location that organizes performances, shows, and also various other regional events.