1. Guadalupe Court- J. Riely Gordon is mostly known for his Texas court house layouts, nonetheless his other structures include the Arizona State Capitol building, a number of area prison structures and also at the very least this one bank. His Texas court house profile consists of Ellis, Comal, Lee, Gonzales, Wise, Bexar and also Victoria Counties.
2. MAX STARCKE PARK- This remarkable metropolitan park, operated by the City of Seguin, is lovely and also abundant with the area’s background. Developed by the National Youth Management in 1937 on the financial institutions of the Guadalupe River, this large park has small rolling hillsides which are grassy and largely shaded by the most pecan trees you have ever before seen. Various other attractions consist of typical and small golf training courses, playgrounds, picnic areas, volley ball, and also basketball. The vegetation is lavish with creeping plants as well as caladiums along the riverbanks. Countless picnic tables can be discovered right on the financial institutions and also throughout the park. Small motorized watercrafts run upstream.
3. Sebastopol House- The old community of Seguin has a secret only a handful of architectural chroniclers as well as archeologists understand about. Somebody less inclined to recognize the memory of Texas hero Erasmo Seguin, the community’s name, could as quickly have called the seat of Guadalupe Area Concretetown. Or, a lot more properly, Limecretetown. Limecrete was a very early kind of cast-in-place concrete constructed from just the right combination of lime, water and also gravel. Physician as well as chemist John Park, that resolved in Seguin in 1846, created and also patented the procedure. Nineteenth century Seguin once had as many as 100 limecrete structures, greater than any kind of various other city in Texas. Today just 20 remain.
4. THE RANGER OAKS- Across from the former article workplace on the SE edge of Gonzales and Travis Streets. Under the color of these trees, the “Gonzales Rangers” camped. Before the formation of the more renowned Texas Rangers, these men patrolled the location in between San Antonio and also Gonzales. Their leader was Captain Matthew Caldwell (namesake of Caldwell Area, Caldwell, Texas and endorser of the Texas Declaration). Caldwell as well as other Gonzales Rangers lived right here – a practical half-way factor on their patrol. Soon after clearing up in what was then called Walnut Creek – the community transformed its name to Seguin.
5. Home of the World’s Largest Pecan- Seguin, Tejas: the community famed author Sandra Cisneros (that stays in San Antonio) calls having” [a] great sterling ring to it,” like” [t] he tinkle of cash” has quite a distinct midtown traveler destination. Poised atop a concrete pedestal between.